Cameron Doan is a golf professional who excels in many facets of his work. His PGA section awards include: Teacher of the Year (twice), Player of the Year (four times) and Golf Professional of the Year. An avid player, he continues to excel in tournaments. Among his latest victories is the 2013 section Pro-Assistant tournament. He enjoys teaching and sharing his extensive experience to help others improve the mechanics of their swings and achieve consistent playing performance.
The DVD version of cSwing includes a series of videos originally released as a separate product called "Cameron Doan: The Full Swing featuring Rich Beem." These videos include an interview with Cameron, instructional segments, swing drills and a library of reference swings featuring Cameron and Rich.
Here's a quote from Cameron about video analysis:
"Most people learn visually. Golf swing analysis helps the vast majority of my students. I've used video analysis with my father, who is also a PGA Professional, since 1976. I recommend cSwing. Video analysis is more effective when you can view your swing and professional swings whenever you need to get a visual image to take to the course. cSwing was developed with input from golf professionals, including Mike Wilson and me. It provides unique features, like the tempo trainer and our instructional videos, that will help you improve."
Membership: PGA Class A Professional. Member since 1994.
- His father Ron Doan, a PGA Professional since 1965. Ron was at Scott Park Golf Course in Silver City, NM from 1965-85 and ran Spring River Golf Course in Roswell, NM from 1985-2000.
- Bill Eschenbrenner, PGA Master Professional. Cameron worked for Bill at El Paso Country Club. When Bill retired, Cameron became the Head Golf Professional at EPCC before moving to his current position.
- Mike Wilson, PGA Teaching Professional. Mike and Cameron worked together at EPCC. Mike left to work for David Leadbetter. He now has his own teaching business. His students include PGA Tour players Mike Weir, J.P. Hayes and Paul Stankowski.
- 2010 North Texas PGA (NTPGA) Golf Professional of the Year
- 2008 NTPGA Player of the Year
- 2007 & 2008 NTPGA Western Champion
- 2003 NTPGA Teacher of the Year
- 10 time NTPGA Pro-Assistant Champion
- 1997 Sun Country PGA Teacher of the Year
- 1996-98 Sun Country PGA Player of the Year
- Academic All-American (twice)
Lowest round: 60 (-11) on the Spring River Golf Course.
Course Record: 62 (-9) El Paso Country Club in 1996. The new course record, 60, was set by Todd Fields who took lessons from Ron Doan when he was growing up.
Academic: Golf Scholarship, University of Texas at El Paso 1986-1991. Member of UTEP golf team with PGA Tour pros J.P. Hayes and Paul Stankowski.
- Cameron's Driver Swing in Windows Media (120KB)
Smooth tempo and controlled power are essential components for a good golf game. Low resolution export from cSwing. Requires Windows Media Player.
- Chip Shot in Windows Media (120KB)
Soft hands, touch and good rhythm are key factors in the short game. Low resolution export from cSwing. Requires Windows Media Player.
- Swing Sequence: Rich and Cameron Down the Line
A still picture sequence showing Rich Beem's and Cameron's driver swings from the down the line view. Rich's swing was filmed and sent to Cameron the Tuesday before he won the 2002 International at Castle Pines. The video was sent on CD using cSwing's Copy Swings to CD feature.
- Swing Sequence: Four Views of a 7 iron
A sequence showing Cameron's 7 iron from the down the line, front, face on and back views.
- Swing Sequence: Four Drivers Face On
A comparison showing Cameron's, John Lanham's, Simon Buckle's and Travis Johns' driver swings from the face on view. John, Simon and Travis all worked as assistant golf professionals for Cameron and have gone on to become PGA Head Golf Professionals.